Monday, December 22, 2014

PASTOR SIMON ENG CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR MESSAGE

Hi HIM family! It’s the end of the year. We’re looking at Christmas, we’re looking at the end of 2014, we’re looking at the beginning of 2015. I’d like to share this year-end message and reflect on Christmas and preparations for the New Year. 


Giving thanks to the Lord 

First of all, as we reflect on Christmas, I was reading Luke 2. I’m remembering when the angels appeared and declared a message of great joy, a message of rejoicing. I’d like us in this year-end as we celebrate Christmas, to have a heart of thanksgiving. Thanksgiving because of who Jesus is to us, thanksgiving in what God has done in our churches throughout the world. I am rejoicing and I am so thankful because our churches throughout the world are stable and growing. You know, in this year of 2014, I can see God doing tremendous things. I rejoice as I see missions moving in nations like China, in nations like India, nations around Europe, in nations in Africa. I’m thankful in many of your regions, where we can see churches being established and God is doing wonderful things. I’m really rejoicing and I want to thank God.

I thank God for our leaders, for our people who are giving their lives and giving their hearts in serving, in sacrificing themselves. Our people are working together in growing the church, in growing the work of God around many, many of our regions around the world. I’m thankful for what God is doing and I want to encourage us, therefore, as we celebrate Christmas and look towards the New Year, let us have a thankful heart and give thanks to the Lord. Whatever that has been, whatever that you’ve gone through, whatever that’s going to come, I’d like to encourage us before our people, before our churches, to give thanks to the Lord. Rejoice together with the Lord and with the church and with what God is doing.

The leading of the Holy Spirit 

The second aspect that I’d like to share with us in this year-end message is to be able to look at divine guidance. As I look again at Matthew 1, I see how God guided the different people: God guided Mary and Joseph, for example, to be away from Herod – they saw God’s divine guidance. God guided the wise men with the star to find this baby Jesus. God was with the shepherds and they were able to find this manger and to worship this child.

Church, divine guidance, the leading of the Holy Spirit, seeking God, being sensitive to hear the Holy Spirit has been a major testimony in 2014 where a lot of our pastors, a lot of our churches, a lot of our leaders have said, “we see God doing this”, “we see God leading in this”, “we were sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and because of that leading, many things have happened divinely, supernaturally, fruitfully, favourably with our churches”. I’d like us to keep that message in our hearts, keep that leading in our hearts. Seek God. Hear from the Lord. Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Allow God to guide us individually, us as a church, us as a movement. I am so blessed to be able to know that God is indeed in the very heart of leading our churches and our people.

Dear brothers and sisters and our family all around the world. As we look at closing this year of 2014, as we look at celebration, I’d like us to remember these two key messages. Continue to dwell with the Lord, continue to allow him to do mighty things in our midst. I congratulate you for the year. I want to celebrate this year together with you. I look forward to what more God is going to do and what the Holy Spirit is going to do. I’m praying and I’m believing that 2015 is going to be a year where we are going to see even greater things happening.

God bless you brothers and sisters. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Amen.

Pastor Simon Eng
HIM President
www.byhim.org


 
[Click here to unsubscribe from Advance Newsletter] Free Counters from SimpleCount.com